DescriptionFlocabulary is a unique product company—we got our start as a library of educational hip hop CDs sold over the phone and shipped by mail. Over the years we’ve grown into a full-blown educational platform, teaching vocabulary through hip hop videos, activities, assessments, and student-creation tools. Our mission is to make learning enticing and accessible for all types of learners. This is an exciting challenge and we're looking for a talented designer to pursue it with us.
Who You Are:You're a designer with a passion for user experience, branding, and designing for the web. You're all about accessibility and you know when to rely on conventional design patterns vs. try something new and potentially wacky. You've got responsive design principles on the mind and typography in your heart. And let's face it, no one can move a button 2px to the right quite like you can. You're the whole package and most of all, you're eager to use these skills to help students learn.
Position Overview:As the second designer to join our growing team, you will have the autonomy to work on large features that shape our product, visual brand and the education of many students. We work in a fast-paced and party-hearty environment, where we fly from project to project, across all departments. One day we're mocking up product interfaces for a new feature, the next we're designing a new tshirt or homepage, the next we're laying out student handouts to be used in classrooms. We're looking for someone ready and willing to hop in wherever they're needed.
- Make big product decisions
- Lead design on new features, taking them from concept to design, prototype, testing and execution
- Look at metrics and user-feedback on how your designs are performing and iterate to improve them
- Work side by side with talented engineers who would bring your visions to life
- Help evolve the visual expression of our brand by experimenting with new ideas and visuals
- Work closely with the marketing and sales teams to create and improve brand assets
Requirements2+ years of design experience
Talent - Whatever the medium, truly exceptional work always stands out. You're proud of what you've done, and your portfolio shows it.
Curiosity - We're not looking for any specific technical skills. Instead, we hire eager learners who will pick up any tool they need to get the job done. Having said that, if you're not curious about coding and emerging design tools, this may not be the role for you.
Excellent communication - We like to talk. We like to bat ideas around, brainstorm together, critique our work ruthlessly, and explain the rationale behind our decisions. We only hire people bold enough to make their case and humble enough to change their minds.
BenefitsSome benefits and perks of working at Flocabulary
- Competitive salary
- Fully paid medical, vision, and dental insurance for full time employees and employer contribution toward dependent care
- Employer paid Health Savings Account (HSA) to offset the deductible
- Flexible time off and parental leave policies
- Retirement savings plan (401k) with partial company match
- Health & wellness stipend
- Weekly company sponsored workouts by the water
- Quarterly team outings
- Dynamic office in Dumbo, Brooklyn (with views of the skyline and easy access to the waterfront)
Post a Comment