Company DescriptionAbout IAC Publishing Labs
Headquartered in Oakland's vibrant tech scene, IAC Publishing Labs is an IAC operating company focused on building unique digital experiences in a variety of categories including search, ecommerce, and digital content. Across IAC Publishing Labs we reached 100 million unique users per month across the globe.
Our key capabilities include:
- Multi-channel audience acquisition and monetization expertise.
- A rapid release application platform allowing us to develop and test a variety of new products.
- Deep data management, analytics, and machine learning expertise to drive engaging media experiences.
- 24x7 operations services with experience supporting multiple, international domains at scale.
What we can offer you
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join the Front-end Platform team. We develop the platforms, services, and frameworks that enable other developers to build our world-class digital properties. Our backend services manage incoming requests and marshall data to the front-end, and the libraries and tools we build are used to create modern and maintainable front-end applications. We are passionate about developer productivity and often find ourselves spearheading new technologies and processes for the entire dev org (eg. containerization, continuous-delivery). While focused on web developers, you’d be working with multiple teams in a culture that values collaborative, pragmatic solutions.
- Design and build IACPL’s next-generation web application platform
- Obsess over performance and scalability across our tech stack
- Work with a technology stack that includes Node.js, Java, OpenShift/Kubernetes/Docker, GitLab, AWS, and more
- Advance IACPL's technical culture through presentations, meetups, conferences etc.
- Work closely with front-end developers to understand their needs and explore technology trade-offs
- Participate in architectural strategies, from PoC to proposal to implementation
- Learn and practice devops from the development side
What you bring to us
You are an experienced full-stack engineer with a passion for modern web development and productivity. You thrive in a highly collaborative environment and enjoy solving problems as a team. You are a thoughtful problem solver, with informed and defensible positions, who is always learning. You are looking for an opportunity to make a significant contribution and grow in your career.
- 4+ years industry experience as a software engineer
- Passion for high performance, scalability, and developer efficiency
- Ability to quickly and thoroughly learn and utilize new technologies
- Solid understanding of software architecture best practices, particularly for web application development
- Experience building frameworks and APIs that enable maintainable and reusable application development
- Solid CS fundamentals in Algorithms, Data Structures, Operating Systems, Networking, etc.
- Solid web fundamentals (HTML, CSS, HTTP, cookies, cross-browser concerns, XSS etc.)
- Linux knowledge and experience with shell scripting
- Ability to provide and receive critical feedback in a positive and thoughtful manner
- Ability to write clean, well-tested, maintainable code
- Security sensitive mindset and understanding of common attack vectors
- A track record of open-source contributions is a plus