Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Carolinas Realty, one of the leading residential real estate services providers in America, has an opening for an IT Manager who will report to the Sr. VP of Sales. Successful candidate will have three or more years of information technology management experience and possess these traits: self-starter with high energy, creative, innovative, enterprising, collaborative--and values being a key player on a successful award winning team that is committed to redefining residential real estate services.
The IT manager will implement and support technology initiatives for the company, manage IT department staff and resources, and work closely with executive management in defining and articulating the organization’s information technology objectives.
More about our company - The Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Carolinas Realty family of companies has more than 800 sales associates and 13 offices across North Carolina. A full-service residential real estate firm offering brokerage, mortgage, warranty, relocation and title insurance services, it is one of the largest residential real estate firms serving all three of North Carolina’s major metropolitan markets – doing business as Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Carolinas Realty in Winston-Salem and Charlotte; Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices York Simpson Underwood Realty in the Triangle; and Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Yost & Little Realty in Greensboro. The Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Carolinas Realty family of companies is proud to be a part of HomeServices of America Inc., the second largest independent residential real estate brokerage firm in the United States. Find out more by visiting www.BHHSCarolinas.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Duties and Responsibilities :
- Manage information technology department activities and resources:
- Direct department activities to ensure successful maintenance and improvement of company information technology systems.
- Manage department staff, help desk team, and consultants. Recruit, select, train, develop, evaluate, motivate and retain staff for the successful performance of the department and achievement of company objectives.
- Participate in department activities, knowledge and ability to backup staff when needed, serve as expert resource to resolve complex issues.
- Own, oversee and manage network security, virus protection and firewall, backup and disaster recovery planning and execution for network servers and applications.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of company business operations to assist in meeting the information needs of the company.Provide alternatives and solutions to business problems through technical knowledge and practical experience.Keep abreast of new technological developments through literature, training, and networking, and introduce to company when cost/benefit warrants.
- Managing, monitoring and maintaining company databases. Recommending and managing changes, updates, and modifications to database structure and data. Ensuring database integrity, stability and system availability. Overseeing database backup and recovery infrastructure.
- Managing and overseeing network administration, with the knowledge and ability to back up staff performing these responsibilities as needed.
- Act as project manager.Develop, plan, direct and implement projects to achieve business goals relative to profitability, cost control, and organizational effectiveness.
- Recommend, establish and implement information systems-related policies, procedures, and standards.
- Provide information, analysis and recommendations to support and manage the department operating budget.
- Evaluate, select and negotiate vendor responses and contracts.Ensure contractual compliance, approve billing, monitor and evaluate ongoing performance of vendors.
- Perform other duties as requested or as needed to fulfill the purpose of the job.
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems, computer science or related field; or equivalent work experience and knowledge.Experience:
- 3+ years of diverse information technology experience.
- 3+ years of management experience.
- 3+ years’ experience managing MS SQL Server.
Knowledge and Skills:
- MS SQL Server Certifications preferred
- Effective interpersonal skills and leadership abilities.
- Effective analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent project management skills; ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects concurrently.
- Knowledge of application development concepts, relational database theory and systems, and network theory and systems.
Other (licenses, certifications, schedule flexibility/OT, travel, etc.):
- Ability to work occasional evening or weekend hours when needed to complete projects or resolve problems.
Additional Application Instructions
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume, along with the below information: 1. What are your annual pay requirements? 2. Do you have a degree in information systems, computer science or a related field? 3. Do you have at least 3 years of experience managing an IT Department? 4. Do you have experience with MS SQL Servers? If yes, please describe. 5. Thank-you in advance for answering these questions.
Post a Comment