Senior Game Designer (Team 2)
- Brisbane, CA
- Full Time
- Product Design
NetEase NA is looking for senior designers to join our newest mobile development studio located just south of San Francisco. NetEase is a leader in the Chinese game and internet markets. We are building a world class studio to bring the best Chinese games to the west and create new, top quality games for the worldwide market.
Our goal is to develop games that give players meaningful choices to overcome challenges, increase in power, and shape their gameworld. We are building a team capable of competing with and surpassing today’s industry leaders. We are making games that are fun, challenging and compelling from day one to day 365.
NetEase NA is looking for a senior game designer to help take great games from concept to live. The position requires the designer to work closely with all disciplines to plan, design, implement and maintain core game features and systems. It requires an understanding of game analytics to find issues and craft solutions that meet key metrics.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, high achiever; someone who can take full responsibility for their features and systems. A designer capable of working with team members from a diverse background to bring out the best in the team and the game.
- Own design tasks including concept, documentation, implementation and live maintenance of specific features and systems
- Work within a defined vision and constraints to deliver innovative, fun, engaging experiences for our players
- Be a champion for your work. Crafting, guiding and maintaining it throughout development and live ops
- Partner with Leads, Product & PM teams to help define mechanics that push key metrics
- Work with teammates from diverse backgrounds. Mentoring junior members as needed and clearly communicating the game’s design both within the studio and to external partners.
- Balance accessibility, challenge, and choice to promote fun that is easy to learn and difficult to master
- During live ops, conduct analysis of your features and systems to identify issues and provide solutions that move game metrics in the right direction.
- 5+ years professional game design experience
- 3+ years mobile or social development experience
- Examples from shipped games that highlight features or systems you developed
- Exceptional Communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to know and understand the entire game while being the expert on your features/systems
- The confidence and ability to fully own parts of the game from concept to live ops
- Active mobile gamer that can critically analyze and discuss the best and worst in design, monetization, and overall quality of the competition
- Familiarity with Unity
- Experience working on a live game
- Experience working on a distributed development team
Post a Comment